>> NEW MANAGEMENT 2020 <<

 

On September 12, 1883, Francesco Morello bought from Marquis Artale di Gallalto  a 64 hectare farm in the area of S. Onofrio, Trabia, about 25 km east of Palermo, the capital of Sicily. The farm extended over three hills, with a main house and a few outbuildings. Until 1950, the land produced wheat, almonds and olive oil, while agaves, broom, prickly pears and ‘sommacco’ – a typical Sicilian bush – grew wild, adding colour to the green hills.


In 1943, the estate was occupied by American troops, who set up a theatre which hosted actors including Bob Hope and other well-known stage artists. In 1950, Francesco’s nephew Gabriele Morello, an entrepreneurial engineer, and his German-raised wife Vera Ahrens, undertook a full land reclamation project, altering the landscape of the property and of the surrounding territory.

After finding water nearby, 180 metres below the surface, the dry cultivation crops were replaced by lush fields of lemon, medlar and fruit trees.


In 2008, the current owner of the farm, prof. Gabriele Morello, began renovating Case Morello, giving rise to the present-day holiday complex. Its aim is to offer guests the possibility to relax in the peaceful Sicilian countryside amidst fragrant fruit orchards and olive groves, and enjoy a very beautiful view of the clear-blue Mediterranean sea, just ten minutes away. Guests can combine country life and sea life if they wish to do so, or enjoy each of them separately.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Case Morello" Rural Tourism - Address: Contrada S. Onofrio, Trabia (PA) Italia
Cell Phone: +39 339 4112733 - Email: morellocase@gmail.com

cookie policy

......

informativachiudiQuesto sito utilizza cookie di profilazione, esclusivamente di terze parti, per inviarti pubblicità e servizi in linea con le tue preferenze e per migliorare la tua esperienza di navigazione. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui. Proseguendo acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.